Google My Business (GMB) is a free online directory that helps you reach potential customers and makes your convenience store easier to find on Google.
With more people turning to Google to find location shops and services, GMB offers local stores the opportunity to appear on Google with little effort.
What Does Google My Business Offer?
Google My Business is packed full of features that allow you to display your convenience stores’ information online for free including your phone number, website, address, reviews and ratings, opening hours and posts you decide to share.
With these features and tools, you can reach potential audiences, build consumer trust and connect with the local community.
Boosting Local Search Visibility
Local search visibility is important for convenience stores that want to appear when local users search relevant “near me” queries on Google.
Having a well maintained GMB listing will ensure that when users are geographically near your store and are searching a relevant question on Google, your store will appear on Google Maps and in Google Search.
Google My Business profiles are given a prime spot as they are placed below paid search results and above organic search results.
When there are no paid search results, Google 3-Pack results will take the top spot of the search results page within the Google Map.
Google My Business 2021 Statistics
If you’re not yet convinced, maybe these eye-opening statistics will help you see the benefits of creating a GMB profile.
- 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else.
- 91% of adults use search engines to find information.
- Google has over 90% of the search engine market share.
- Google has reported that 46% of all searches have local intent.
- 56% of actions on Google My Business listings are website visits and 24% of actions are phone calls.
- 64% of searchers have used Google My Business to find contact details for a local business.
- 16% of businesses receive more than 100 calls each month from Google My Business.
Making the Most of Your Listing
Now you know the benefits of GMB, you can utilise the tools to your advantage to increase your online presence and in turn your shops’ footfall.
Keep in touch with Rayburn Trading’s LinkedIn for more updates and information on our stock which you can use to share on your GMB listing. Why not read about the benefits of Facebook for convenience stores?